By the very nature of our business we need to collect certain information about our customers and suppliers.
In line with Australian Government legislation, this document outlines how we collect, safeguard and use personal information gathered by our business.
1. Names, addresses, telephone and fax numbers and Australian Business Numbers are collected by email, mail, fax, telephone and in person from our customers and suppliers, as required for us to trade with them. None of this information is stored on our web pages or on the server which hosts these pages.
2. Credit card details are recorded as submitted by our customers and are not held on our web server. Credit card details are held in secure storage until no longer required, as dictated by our banker, then securely destroyed.
3. We never provide customer or supplier information held by us to any other person without written authority from the owner of the information. We do not use mass mailing or client mailing lists. We will only use contact information held by us for direct contact with a customer or supplier for a specific purpose, such as offering a product for sale or ordering a product.
4. Our premises meet industry security standards and all personal information is protected from unauthorised use by accepted security methods.
5. Book Search requests, if not finalized within a few days, are placed on an Internet "Wants" list where the search can gain the maximum exposure. These "Wants" are listed in our name only. No personal details of our client are listed with the "Want".
6. We use a commercial grade firewall to protect our computer system from unauthorized intrusion while connected to the internet and an up to date virus scanner to protect against computer viruses. If you believe you have received a virus from us please telephone us on +61 (0) 7 54 854 166 so that we can take the necessary steps to eliminate it.
7. If you have any further questions that you wish to ask about Privacy on our web site, or within our business, please contact us per a method listed on our Contact page.
Return to Home page